[rules-users] Guvnor and oryx designer problems (melc)

melc c_melas at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 03:41:13 EST 2010

Hello,
When using ruleflow diagrams (.rf) they cannot be edited on guvnor only
viewed....correct?

As for ruleflows in oryx-designer I don't see a notation for that, I believe
that oryx-designer doesn't know about the .rf spec only .bpmn .

So if there is a requirement for editing the process via the repository web
interface (guvnor) then bpmn is the only route. Is this assumption correct?

I have also noticed the following when opening a diagram with oryx-designer
(1.0.0.026-SNAPSHOT) on guvnor,
1. the bpmn diagram does not show in order to edit it. The designer is shown
but no diagram just an empty sheet.
2. If a diagram is created on the previously opened diagram and either one
of the save options is selected, the "chek in" dialog is displayed but does
not go away after selecting "check in" and no version in version history is
inserted. This is the first indication of the oryx-designer not being
connected with the guvnor repository.
3. On the other hand if the server is restarted  and try to open the same
bpmn diagram that was previously modified in guvnor, it no longer presents
an empty editor, but the new process that was created in the previous step
(not the process that was added from eclipse). This means that the designer
is certainly not connected with the guvnor repository and that another
persistence of the designer is used or something like that.

So i believe that some kind of connection between the designer and the
guvnor repository has to occur. Is this something that needs to be done as
part of the configuration? I'll have to look into that.
Ok i realise that these facts are probably well known and i sound a little
dumb, but trying to figure out what is the status of this issue and possible
approaches to solving it before starting the source debugging .

Can someone please shed some light on these matters? Maybe Kris ? :-)
What is the case generally with guvnor and designer? At this point is it
possible to edit in both eclipse and guvnor, via the designer,  the same
bpmn diagram with version history and all?? If so, what are the proper
versions of guvnor and oryx designer to achieve this??

Thank you very much for your time and help.