[rules-users] Doubt regardging Drools-RETE

Harshit Bapna hrbapna at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 02:07:51 EST 2010

Yes Mark. It is definitely beneficial.

I would really appreciate your answer on my questions.
I have read a lot about RETE performance boost but struggling to find answer
to my questions as my understanding on RETE is limited.
   1. If there are not many common facts i.e all rules are operating on
distinct facts / data. Does this mean the algorithm will not   bring in much
benefit ?
  2. Also if the facts are same but the LHS of a rule is quite different
from others then will RETE have its benefits.

I hope learned people on rete and drools can help me on this..