[rules-users] 8Puzzle problem with Drools Planner

Anderson Rocha anderson.ufal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 19:27:44 EST 2010

Hi all,

I am wondering if Drools Planner can handle the 8Puzzle problem. I once
resolved it with the A* search. But I do not know these simulated annealing
and tabu search that Drools Planner implements. So I am having a "Getting
stuck in local optima" problem, and depending on the start sollution it gets
into loop. But if you enter a really simple start solution it resolves,
because it choose the best scores until finish with few steps. If some one
can help, let me know what I can send (source code, configuration files) to
get some help.

Thanks,
Anderson