[rules-users] Reasoning with past events

Anais Martinez amartinez at iti.upv.es
Mon Nov 15 05:56:24 EST 2010

I'm using Drools for a system of alarms on agriculture. I am considering
several parcels, whose plants can be on different status (for example,
sprouting, flowering, etc.). These statuses are updated automatically by
rules, controled by several calendars. In the other hand, the farmer is
allowed to change the plants' status by hand if he/she observes that real
plants are in a status in the terrain.

If the farmer set the status before the automatic change, there is no
problem: the rules corresponding to the new state become active and the
automatic change has no effect. But if the farmer changed the status after
the automatic change, how would  I consider the events in the period of time
between automatic and hand changes?

Thanks in advance.