[rules-users] Advantage of org.drools.runtime.Environment

O.S. troshmail at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 21 08:53:43 EST 2010

Hello,
can someone tell me what's the advantage of using Environments for
StatefulSessions?
An Example:
this.ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(this.ksessionConfig,
environment);
vs.
this.ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(this.ksessionConfig,
null);

Are Globals or other Objects (e.g. Session-ID's) shared within/depending
on the Environment? Because that will be problematic in my Application.
Actually i'm using Environments, but they aren't serializable which is
why I have to check if I really need them.

Kind regards,
O.S.

Furthermore: I don't need the JPA-Persistence functionality.