[rules-users] Drools Human Task Service Persistence

Rui Tang tangrui.cn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 07:43:43 EST 2010

Hi list,

I've finished to port ORM annotations to xml mapping files. And the Oracle
is supported too. But all of these are not under full featured test, so this
is the only snapshot for you.

I've changed rule flow related, task related and BAM related annotations. I
can make sure that the creating table procedure is OK under MySQL 5.1 and
Oracle 10g, but not for others.

According to some hibernate problems, the mapping files have some
disadvantages:

1. When parsing the files, some warning logs will be printed. This is
because hibernate is trying to make sure that all of these mapping
attributes are public fields or methods. But some fields of the entities are
not, for example version, env and so on. But this seems no harm.

2. According to some hibernate processing bugs (I guess), some table or
field name cannot map correctly. One is in the class
org.drools.task.EmailNotification, the one-to-many relationship to
org.drools.task.EmailNotificationHeader cannot map correctly (There is a
field named emailHeaders_KEY in table DRL5_NOTIFICATION_EMAILHEADERS).
Another one is the
org.drools.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo's eventTypes
field (There is a table named ProcessInstanceInfo_eventTypes) . All of these
names are set in mapping files but not reflected in database. I don't know
how to resolve these, so leave it alone. But these should only impact the
names not the functions.

The naming convention is straight. All of the tables are starting with DRL5_
and all fields are with F_.