[rules-users] Drools + Spring JPA - IllegalStateException - Transaction already active

jayadev manchambhatla at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:50:59 EST 2010

We are using drools with spring jpa configuration as recommended. Things work
fine with a single thread, but, when we hit our service with multiple
requests, we get a

IllegalStateException - Transaction already active exception. Quick googling
resulted in some references in spring docs, where they say that multi
threaded access to entitymanager causes these exceptions. I am not sure if
anyone else faced this problem.

Using bitronix with spring JPA in Tomcat.