[rules-users] Entry point stream OutOfMemoryError?

Aman boy18nj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:27:42 EDT 2010

Based upon what I understood from Drools fusion documentation, entry point
stream can source data from file stream, so it could process data in GB's.
Believe me this is not what I found, to my surprise I found out I got -

      at
java.util.GregorianCalendar.computeFields(GregorianCalendar.java:2020)

      at
java.util.GregorianCalendar.computeFields(GregorianCalendar.java:1996)

      at java.util.Calendar.setTimeInMillis(Calendar.java:1109)

      at java.util.GregorianCalendar.<init>(GregorianCalendar.java:576)

      at java.util.Calendar.createCalendar(Calendar.java:1011)

      at java.util.Calendar.getInstance(Calendar.java:948)

      at CashFlowTest.main(CashFlowTest.java:66)

I am reading a huge file in while loop, inside this loop object is being
constructed and inserted into entry point stream. Before even rules would
start firing, it goes straight into exception.

Like below-

            while ((readLine = bufferedReader.readLine()) != null) {

                  String transactionType = readLine.substring(13, 14);

                  String amount = readLine.substring(9, 12);

                  if ("C".equals(transactionType)) {

                        CashFlow wCashFlow = new
CashFlow(Calendar.getInstance()

                                    .getTime(), Double.valueOf(amount),
CREDIT, 1);

                         memoryEntryPoint.insert(wCashFlow);

                  } else {

                        CashFlow wCashFlow = new
CashFlow(Calendar.getInstance()

                                    .getTime(), Double.valueOf(amount),
DEBIT, 1);

                  }

            }

Unless I am doing something wrong here, I conclude it entry stream cannot
source GB data?