[rules-users] Why are my auto focus agenda group rules with high salience not executed right away?

H.C. canterburry at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 18:55:24 EDT 2010

I have a ruleflow with several rule task and a couple of sub-flows. I also
have many rules in a "maintenance" agenda group with auto-focus and salience
100 (highest of all my rules) without a ruleflow-group. The purpose of these
maintenance rules is to jump in anywhere across the ruleflow as needed to
perform...well...maintenance tasks.

I guess I made the assumption that these rules would immediately execute (on
the spot), ahead of any other rules due to their high salience and auto
focus when activated.

I see however a case where a rule causes one of these maintenance rules to
activate, but before it is executed, the ruleflow task is first deactivated,
then several subsequent ruleflow tasks activate and deactivate (all empty,
size = 0) and then my maintenance rule fires ahead of the next scheduled
ruleflow group rules.

Is there anything I can do to get the maintenance rule to execute right
after the rule that activated it and before the ruleflow task deactivates?