[rules-users] Memory usage tied to rule report?

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Tue Oct 5 08:29:50 EDT 2010

    Jared,

    Glad to hear.

    Yes, the idea of the API is to extract info from the working
memory and RETE network and expose it to report generation. As you
saw, I am using an MVEL template to generate the report at the moment.
It is very crude, so any suggestions for improvements are most
welcome. Once we get something better, we can expose it as an official
API in Drools API.

    Edson

2010/10/5 Jared Davis <sunray at davisprogramming.com>:

> Edson,
>
> Thanks for the report. The top ten on the left was just what I needed to
> track down the badly written rules.
>
> The 385 rules generate 823 documents using 20000 facts.
>
> My peak heap usage is now only 250mb. Before it would fail with a 1.2GB
> heap.
>
> Do you think this report is a good starting point to generate a graphML file
> showing the same info as the text report?
>

> Jared

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development
  JBoss by Red Hat @ www.jboss.com