[rules-users] Matching strings in two arrays

kpandey kumar.pandey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 08:55:29 EDT 2010

Wolfgang Laun-2 wrote:

> You could define a new operator (similar to "contains" or "memberOf") that
> tests whether a field - a set of values - is a subset of a another set of
> values.
>
> See my home page for a full recipe:  http://members.inode.at/w.laun/
>
> The code given there is for both sides being java.util.Collection.
> Handling
> of
> arrays could be added. But you should also consider providing the sets for
> the rules as static auxiliary facts.
>
> -W

Thanks for the sample code. I also explored other operators in the jboss
code base and now have a fairly good understanding of it.

In my use case I have a fixed set of values in the right side of of the
operator. Only the left side changes as input fact --

when
   MyContext(inputSetOfStings subsetOf  ("StringVal1", "StringVal2",
"StringVal3", "StringVal4"))

How do I construct this rhs of the operator such that it is taken as a
collection when the rule is compiled?

Thanks
Kumar