[rules-users] Could not initialize class org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaDialect

Donald Leuschner dleuschn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 10:25:20 EDT 2010

Ok, I have been struggling with this error for days now.  I am getting a
NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaDialect error.

I understand that this is most likely a classpath problem but have done
almost everything to try and resolve it.  I have the
drools-compiler-5.1.0.jar  in my lib folder where all my other jars are
(which successfully work btw) and adding this jar there resolves a
packagebuilder error also.

Does anyone have any idea?  The JavaDialect.class files are in the jar if I
open it with 7zip...so it's not like they are not there.  I'm really at a
loss with this one now.