[rules-users] Check if fact is subset of items in the rule

Kumar Pandey kumar.pandey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 08:18:57 EDT 2010

Posting a new thread for this specific problem that has been a head
scratcher for me for days now.

Here is the problem space.

I have a rule that can have a superset of elements such as say "String1",
"String2", "String3" , "String4". These are known in rule creation time.

Fact can have subset say "String1", "String4"

How can I form a drl to check to verify that fact is a subset of elements in
the rule?

I need to not fire the rule if fact is a subset but I should  be able to add
a not if I can first figure out if it is a sub set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kumar