[rules-users] Exception Handling in the rule consequence

sumatheja sumatheja at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:25:23 EDT 2010

Hi All,
        I have a set of rules. After firing the rules if an exception occurs
in a rule the following rules are not getting evaluated. So i tried writing
a try catch block inside the consequence part of the rule, but then i get an
error saying "'unable to build the consequence.[Error:was expecting type:
java.lang.Object but found type:null]"

Here follows my code

*rule 'Test rule'
ruleflow-group "Test Ruleflow"
no-loop
    when
        $c:Car()
        Driver()

    then
       try{
          $c.getModel()
          } catch (Exception Ee) {
           System.out.println("caught an exception: "+Ee.toString());
          }
end*

However if i remove the try catch block it buils fine.

Can anyone let me know if i'm missing something here.

Thanks in advance :)
--
cheers
Sumatheja