[rules-users] Is it possible to use CEP features in Guvnor?

John Peterson john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com
Wed Oct 13 09:43:09 EDT 2010

I've done some additional experimentation and verified that you can't
run Test Scenarios (at least, can't run them successfully).  I did
discover that I could create a "Technical Rule" that has the declare to
establish our object as an event.  I'm sure this isn't intended, but it
works....

For technical rules, adding the "from entry-point "X" " is easy.
For DSL rules, I can hide it in the translation for the literal values
the user can specify
For the Guided Rule Editor, it appears that adding "Free Form DRL" to
the LHS of the rule under the Fact block to enter the "from entry-point
"X"  " part as well and it parses and runs okay.

jp

> Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:50:28 +0100
> From: Michael Anstis <michael.anstis at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [rules-users] Is it possible to use CEP features in
>	Guvnor?
> To: Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
>
> I assume you mean using ther guided editor rather than a vanilla "DRL
Rule"