[rules-users] Check if fact is subset of items in the rule

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 15:46:40 EDT 2010

OK, unless I'm missing something else you should be able to do something
like this:-

rule "setup superset - Rule 1"
        Element ss = new Element("Super set - Rule 1", 1, 2, 3);
        insert(ss);
end

rule "rule 1"
    when
        $f : Fact()
        Element(name="Super set - Rule 1", $f.numbers subsetOf numbers)
    then
        //Do something
end

This uses Wolfgang's Element Class from his example creating custom
operators and assumes Fact exposes a "numbers" property which returns a
Collection. This remains untested but I have no reason to doubt Wolfgang.

With kind regards,

Mike