[rules-users] Pattern aggregation

Tim 4076 tm4076 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 06:19:52 EDT 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to use drools to do grouping of data according to patterns
defined in my rules, but I'm having issues creating something that works in
a reasonable amount of time (seconds). I've tried all sorts of permutations
without much luck and would like to hear how others would do the same thing.

To give an example: I've got a big batch of transaction records and I want
to aggregate all the records where the consumer id and product category are
the same and the purchases were made within an hour of each other.

The fact that its matching the same values between facts, rather than
against constants seems to scupper it somewhat.

I would go down the ETL route, but the idea is for non-techies to define
their own aggregations using rules.

-Cheers. Tim