[rules-users] Drools API

Patricia Bogoevici patriciabogoevici at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 12:13:21 EDT 2010

Thanks for your reply.

I meant the categories configured in Guvnor. A rule can be associated with one or more categories in Guvnor. These categories are like tags for rules, and are useful for rule management (filtering, sorting, etc).

This is the scenario that I am looking for:
I am using Drools Guvnor as the central rule repository. I also have an external application, that has a custom rule editor in place, and users can create rules. This custom rule editor will take care of Conditional Elements and Consequence actions. I would like to be able to save the rule back in Guvnor, as that is the rule repository.

In the docs, there says that Guvnor has 2 parts: front-end and backend. The backend includes the repository access as well. My question is if the Guvnor backend exposes the repository functionality as web service, or if it can be easily exposed.

Thanks,
Patricia