[rules-users] Unexpected performance difference on different hardware

Tim 4076 tm4076 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 05:37:31 EDT 2010

I think I've solved this - the linux server was running J6u21, whereas the
desktop is on J6u10. It seems there have been some subtle changes in the GC
implementation between these which were causing the GC to thrash when
nearing the heap limit. Running with u10 on the server brings the time down
to 13s. Running u22, but doubling the available memory, brings it down to
half that.

Tim