[rules-users] parallel folw execution

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Wed Oct 20 11:18:54 EDT 2010

The process engine really doesn't add that much overhead to the actual
work that needs to be performed by the process itself.  If you're
invoking a service that takes 2-3 seconds, you need to make sure you
invoke the service asynchronously, so the engine can continue executing
other process instances while waiting for the results.

In general, you usually start with one session running your process
instances in parallel on one CPU.  This scales as long as the CPU is
capable of doing all the work + some overhead.  It is trivial to scale
to multiple sessions (possibly on multiple systems) afterwards.

Kris