[rules-users] Adding a programmatically created RuleFlowProcess to a KnowledgeBuilder

Jason van Zyl jason at maven.org
Thu Oct 21 12:35:40 EDT 2010

Your Hudson instance with the latest documentation is down:

https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/docs/drools-flow/html/ch05.html

On Oct 21, 2010, at 11:17 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been following the documentation to create a RuleFlowProcess, and I went the route of creating the flow programmatically, but I can't find an example of adding this process to the knowledge builder. It seems to want an external resource of a given type. In my little code scenario below how would I add this programmatically created RuleFlowProcess?
>
>         DefaultFlowGenerator flowGenerator = new DefaultFlowGenerator();
>         RuleFlowProcess flow = flowGenerator.generateFlow( "flow" );
>         KnowledgeBuilder knowledgeBuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
>         knowledgeBuilder.add( flow.getResource() /* this is null */, null /* what do i put here*/ );
>
> Do I have to serialize to an external form and deserialize?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>
> Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.
>
>  -- Unknown
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>
> A language that doesn’t affect the way you think about programming is not worth knowing.
>
>  -— Alan Perlis

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

  -- Shakespeare

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)