[rules-users] Post XML requests to Drools Server 5.1

Jeffrey Miller jeffmax at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 16:44:46 EDT 2010

I am attempting to setup the latest version of Drools Server. The sample on
the website uses a jsp to forward an xml request to the same server the jsp
is running on (using a camel-client.xml.) I am unclear what the
camel-client.xml is actually responsible for doing.

Is this camel-client.xml configuration necessary if you want to send fully
formed requests in xml to the server?  I have tried to set this up, but, for
example, by doing something like this:

 curl --data "<batch-execution lookup="ksession1"> <insert
out-identifier="message"><org.test.Message><text>msg</text></org.test.Message></insert></batch-execution>"
http://localhost:8080/drools-server/kservice/kservice/rest

but the tomcat log just shows this:

Oct 21, 2010 4:10:55 PM org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils
findTargetMethod
WARNING: .No operation matching request path / is found, HTTP Method : POST,
ContentType : application/x-www-form-urlencoded, Accept : */*,.
Oct 21, 2010 4:10:55 PM
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.WebApplicationExceptionMapper toResponse
WARNING: WebApplicationException has been caught : no cause is available

Does anyone know how to set this up properly?

Thanks,
Jeff