[rules-users] Custom operator

Bruno Freudensprung bruno.freudensprung at temis.com
Fri Oct 22 05:53:53 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'd like to implement a custom "lucenematches" operator that would
enable writing conditions like:
$d : Doc(text lucenematches "(foo AND bar) OR roam~0.8")

As I've taken a look at the following post on athico
(http://blog.athico.com/2009/05/imperfect-evaluations.html), and seen
that the appendix B of the "Drools JBoss Rules 5.0 Developer's Guide"
book that deals with custom operators, I am rather confident that I will
find my way in implementing my operator (if not, I'll post here again :-)).

However, I wonder if it will be possible to add my "lucenematches"
operator to the "operator" drop-down list of the Eclipse's Business Rule
Editor.
Does anyone have an idea?

Best regards,

Bruno.