[rules-users] Starting engine using fireUntilHalt and inserting no facts results in 50% CPU usage

Tina Vießmann tviessmann at stud.hs-bremen.de
Mon Oct 25 12:13:15 EDT 2010

> You can call fireAllRules after every event changing the state of the facts
> or of the ruleflow.
So it's not recommended to insert more than one event and then calling
fireAllRules()?!

> When you do event stream processing and use the time
> inside your rules, the time is a change event too. So you have to use
> fireUntilHalt if you can't afford to have the small pauses using
> fireAllRules/Sleep in a loop.
Currently, I'm using the stream processing mode. But I'm not using
windows, I'm just using temporal operations.
Would you recommend me to use fireAlleRules+Sleep if I want to use
fireAllRules or can I also use it without the sleep?

Thanks. :)
Tina