[rules-users] CE not

david.bao david.lg.bao at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 01:11:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm a newbie of Drools Fusion. I have a requirement as following:

If Event A is inserted into the working memory and in the following 5
seconds there is no Event B, some action will be performed.

Here is my rule script

import com.foo.event.Event

rule "test"
when
	$event1 : Event(eventNo == "A")
	Event(eventNo == "B", this not startedby [5s] $event1 )
then
	System.out.println("there is no Event B in 5 seconds");
end

Java code:
session.insert( event1 );
clock.advanceTime( 6, TimeUnit.SECONDS );
session.insert(event2);
session.fireAllRules();

this works. But if i do not insert event2 and the rule will not be fired.

I also tried
not Event(eventNo == "B", this startedby [5s] $event1 )

not work also

Thanks