[rules-users] Droos Guvnor 5.1.1 - Relation between Category and Package

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Tue Oct 26 01:41:27 EDT 2010

Hi, the reason why you dont find a method called
"loadPackageListForCategory" is because in Guvnor, rules(assets) are
stored in a hierarchy structure of pacakges -> sub-packages -> rules.
Category is a property that only applies to the rule type node, not to
the package type node. I.e., you can say "give me a list of rules that
belong to this category", but saying "give me a list of packages that
belong to this category" does not make much sense.

Of course, you can always call "loadRuleListForCategories" then work out
the package list by visiting each rule node to get its package property.
Its just not that efficient.

Cheers,
Jervis