[rules-users] Drools 5.1 Flow in a "Clustered" environment

Ken Young KenYoung at solutionary.com
Wed Oct 27 10:32:03 EDT 2010

We are looking at embedding Drools 5.1 (specifically Drools Flow) in our application, but I am coming up short on determining how to configure clustering, or the support.

Specifically, I want to ensure that background processes that are taking place (reminders, timers, etc.) only happen once on a cluster.  Does drools support this and how?

In other software that we have clustered (Quartz for example), where a shared database lock is used to ensure the the processing happens in one place.  I was wondering if Drools 5.1 worked in a similar fashion.

Thanks
Ken