[rules-users] Starting a process in Guvnor with ruleflow-group

John Peterson john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com
Wed Oct 27 16:27:23 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm doing some experimentation for a business problem and I've hit a
snag when it comes to Guvnor and Ruleflow-Groups.

I'm using Guvnor 5.0.1 and Drools 5.0.1.

I've uploaded a simple 4 step (plus start and end) ruleflow-group to
Guvnor.  I've added ruleflow-group attributes to all my rules,
associating them to one of the four steps in my ruleflow.  My code for
the execution is as follows:

cmds.add(CommandFactory.newInsertElements(recordsToRun));

try {
	KnowledgeBase kbase = readKnowledgeBase();
	StatelessKnowledgeSession ksession =
kbase.newStatelessKnowledgeSession();

	ExecutionResults results =
ksession.execute(CommandFactory.newBatchExecution(cmds));

} catch(Exception e) {
	System.out.println("Exception in readKnowledgeBase: " +
e.getMessage());
}

I've seen in other documentation that a "startProcess" is in order (e.g.
ksession.startProcess("ruleflowname")), however, startProcess is not
available for StatelessKnowledgeSession and the process is in Guvnor
already, not locally.  I'm guessing it is something simple I've
overlooked, but it isn't clicking for me at this point and my search
online for answers hasn't found one yet.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks!