[rules-users] 5.1.1: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in org.drools.core.util.AbstractHashTable

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Oct 28 11:56:05 EDT 2010

   Lubos,

   Yes, you can always send an e-mail to the list first. In this case,
it looks like a bug... needs to be investigated. So, can you please
open a JIRA with the report and ideally provide a test case so that we
can reproduce the problem and fix it?

   Thanks,
      Edson

2010/10/28 Lubos <lpechac at pi-ag.com>:

> Exception occures at:
> org.drools.core.util.AbstractHashTable$HashTableIterator.next(AbstractHashTable.java:317)
> in Drools 5.1.1 when calling insert() on just created
> StatefulKnowledgeSession.
>
> I found similar issues reported for LeftTupleIndexHashTable, it had to do
> with initializing row to -1 instead of 0 or something similar. I see that
> fixed in Left/RightTupleIndexHashTable but it seems to me like it is still
> present in AbstractHashTable.
>
> The bug occures randomly (inserting the same data), usualy under load. The
> index is either -1 or too high. I create multiple sessions in threads from
> one KnowledgeBase, sessions are not shared.
>
> Stack trace I got is:
>                at
> org.drools.core.util.AbstractHashTable$HashTableIterator.next(AbstractHashTable.java:317)
>                at
> org.drools.reteoo.EntryPointNode.updateSink(EntryPointNode.java:323)
>                at
> org.drools.reteoo.ObjectTypeNode.attach(ObjectTypeNode.java:303)
>                at
> org.drools.reteoo.builder.PatternBuilder.attachObjectTypeNode(PatternBuilder.java:257)
>                at
> org.drools.reteoo.ClassObjectTypeConf.<init>(ClassObjectTypeConf.java:92)
>                at
> org.drools.common.ObjectTypeConfigurationRegistry.getObjectTypeConf(ObjectTypeConfigurationRegistry.java:68)
>                at
> org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.insert(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:981)
>                at
> org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.insert(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:917)
>                at
> org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.insert(StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:251)
>
> I am not sure if this post belongs here, sorry if not.
> Thanks for help/suggestions
> Lubos

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development