[rules-users] Replacing Hand Written Rules

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 10:17:37 EDT 2010

Is there a compelling reason for discarding the system that's in use now?

It would appear that you are emulating the existing system's functions (_psubj,
date, equality test) by some mechanism using reflection, which, in
itself, will cause some
overhead. Then, in the Drools rule, you are using eval(), which is the
least efficient way of
formulating a condition; none of the optimizations will work this way.
This kind of
transformation may result in a significant increase of execution time
(which, of course, may not hurt you if there isn't much time spent in
condition evaluation now.)

The eval() call after then looks suspicious: is this a function you
have defined?