[rules-users] Drools Flow - Session objects

jawa agohar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 11:12:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am writing a small drools flow app. My flow starts off with a RuleGroup
node then I've two User Task nodes. What i do is this:

StatefulKnowledgeSession session =
JPAKnowledgeService.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(knowledgeBase, null,
environment);
WorkItemManager manager = session.getWorkItemManager();
manager.registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task", new MyWorkItemHandler(false));
MyVO vo = new MyVO();
vo.setComment("These are comments !!");
session.insert(vo);
ProcessInstance processInstance = session.startProcess("pocflow", null);
session.fireAllRules();
session.dispose();

As you can see i am inserting an object of type MyVO into the knowledge base
session. I am using JPA to store my flow in db. Now when I execute this
code, it starts my flow then calls my drl file for RuleGroup node then calls
human tasks etc. In my drl file I've this code:

package mypackage
import net.plus.kbd.poc.MyVO;

rule "Displaycomments"
ruleflow-group "display_comments"
	when $vo: MyVO()
	then
		System.out.println("Inside Rule->MyVoComments->" + $vo.getComment());
end
rule "NotDisplaycomments"
ruleflow-group "display_comments"
	when not $v: MyVO()
	then
		System.out.println("Inside Rule->MyVoComments not found");
end

So when this rule gets executed it always run "NotDisplaycomments" rule and
prints out that MyVoComments not found. As far as I know it should find my
vo which i inserted into the session. isn't it?

I am using drools 5.1.1 on jboss 5.

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks