[rules-users] Drools Flow - Session objects

paulB paul.borlin at sironahealth.com
Fri Sep 3 08:41:07 EDT 2010

I ran into this problem (or a similar one), too.  I watched the activations.
When you insert your facts before you start your process, activations are
potentially created and waiting.  I now fireAllRules() before I start my
processes.

Now, in my code, I do the following and everything works as I expect:

1. Get session
2. Insert work handlers
3. Insert facts
4. fireAllRules()
5. Start process
5. Insert process into session
6. fireAllRules()

This may or may not be the behavior you expect.  Start a
KnowledgeRuntimeLogger and watch the activations while debugging.  That may
give you a clue.

Hope this helps.