[rules-users] simultaneous forEach

Jonathan Woods jwoods at stl-technologies.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 10:57:50 EDT 2010

I've just noticed this too - I presume you mean using the 'from'
keyword.

The iteration seems to take place over only the match conditions which
follow the 'from' line.  I tried a debug-printing eval() before and
after; when before 'from', it was evaluated only once; when after, it
was evaluated (at least) as many times as there were elements in the
collection.

This goes against my understanding of the Drools model, in which I
thought rule LHS effectively caused all matching objects to be put in
something like a rule-instance-specific working memory, and the
cross-product evaluated for the RHS... But clearly I'm missing something
too.