[rules-users] Drools flow and BPEL (Drools 5.1)

Jeffrey DeLong jdelong at redhat.com
Thu Sep 16 11:09:34 EDT 2010

Actually there is another community project in JBoss,  Riftsaw, that incorporates ODE into a JBoss AS environment. It is hard to say which process execution language best matches your requirements. That would depend on the degree of Web service orchestration in your architecture. If your business processes are 100% composed of Web services, then BPEL is probably the best process execution language, and you should take a look at Riftsaw. If your processes involve a lot of human integration or tight integration with rules, then BPMN2 process execution language and Drools Flow is the better way to go.

Jeff