[rules-users] Drools Flow Events Not Working

jawa agohar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 09:11:21 EDT 2010

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your reply. A little background, I start drools flow process by
creating a new session using JPA service and I've an AND node which has two
incoming connections one from a RuleGroup node and another from an event
node so it stops and waits until the event is signaled. Then I go to db and
get the session id from SessionInfo table and Process id from ProcessInfo
table and use this code to lookup both:

StatefulKnowledgeSession session =
JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(9,knowledgeBase, null,
environment);
                ProcessInstance p = session.getProcessInstance(9);
                System.out.println("Proc Found -> " + p);
                if (p != null && p.getState()==ProcessInstance.STATE_ACTIVE)
                {
                        p.signalEvent("Test", vo);
                }

As you can see session id and process id are both hard coded in my code. Its
just for my testing purposes. So I load session then call getProcessInstance
method on it with the relevant process id then call signal event on that
process instance.

Thanks