[rules-users] Drools Flow Events Not Working

jawa agohar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 12:07:44 EDT 2010

Yes I did some debugging and I read the bytes against that Process in
database and it is all fine and process is stopped at the AND node and
waiting for signal to come. Also I looked in drools source and found below
in class

org/drools/process/instance/impl/ProcessInstanceImpl.java

    public Process getProcess() {
        if (this.process == null) {
            this.process = ( Process ) ((InternalRuleBase)
workingMemory.getRuleBase())
                .getProcess(processId);
        }
        return this.process;
    }

It appears that workingMemory is a transient variable and when I load the
session from db i guess this workingMemory is not being set hence throws
NullPointerException. Here is how it is defined:

private transient InternalWorkingMemory workingMemory;

Don't know why this workingMemory not get set. Or do I need to do anything
extra to set it after loading stateful knowledge session from db?

Thanks