[rules-users] Is RETE algo optimizes the performance in a stateless session.

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Sep 24 12:09:10 EDT 2010

  On 24/09/2010 16:18, Leonardo Gomes wrote:
> Have a look here: http://www.drdobbs.com/184405218
>
> here: http://blog.athico.com/2007/07/sequential-rete.html
>
> and here: http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov/guidelines.shtml
>
> The easy answer for your question is "Yes" ;-)
It depends :)

In general a stateless session is just a convenience api for stateful,
it just wraps. So no performance gain at all.

There is a "sequential" mode, but in all honest you won't get any
measurable perf gain. So I wouldn't use sequential mode for performance,
the only reason to use it is if you want your rules to execute sequentially.

Mark