[rules-users] Specifying time in date-effective

Leonardo Gomes leonardo.f.gomes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 05:09:58 EDT 2010

Hi Devyani,

You might have problems with the date format due to your system's settings.
There's the following remark in Drools 4 documentation:

> Date
>
> The date format "dd-mmm-yyyy" is supported by default. You can customize
> this by providing an alternative date format mask as a System property
> ("drools.dateformat" is the name of the property). If more control is
> required, use the inline-eval constraint.

The best thing is to set that system property to the exact format you want
to use. Something like this:

System.setProperty("drools.dateformat", "dd-mmm-yyyy hh:mm");

--

I believe, that date-effective will simply check the system time before
firing a rule and, if the current time is before the specified time in the

AFAIK, you can't make a rule be triggered at a certain time everyday, except
if you insert at that specified time a fact (or a set of facts) that will
make that rule fire..

Leo Gomes.