[rules-users] Strange intermittent problem with Drools Flow

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 05:42:17 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,
That's strange, it could be related to a non updated version of the fluent
API.
Send us the logs with warn verbosity and we will definitely take a look on
it.
If the workflow don't continue after a work item completion could be related
with some kind of threading problem.
What kind of work item are you implementing? Can you share some test with us
that shows the desired behavior?
Greetings.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Dan Nathanson <dan at ddnconsulting.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing some odd behavior in some of my test cases.  And it only
> seems to happen to one guy. And he's done fresh checkouts of the code,
> blown away his local M2 repository and verified installed software
> like OS and Java is same as everyone else's.
>
> I have some test cases that build up some simple flows programatically
> using fluent API.  Very simple (start --> work item --> work item -->
> state --> end).  I am using Drools Flow 5.1.1 with JPA (in-memory H2
> DB for unit tests).  Intermittently, after completing a work item, the
> flow doesn't continue.  Logging in a process event listener shows that
> the the work item node is never left, although I can see in the logs
> that the work item is deleted from DB.
>
> There are no errors, warning or info level messages coming out of
> Drools or Hibernate prior to the failure.
>
> It only happens to one guy, but he can reproduce the problem
> regularly, although it moves around in different test cases and
> different points in the flows.
>
> Anyone ever seen this behavior before?  Any possible explanations?
>
> I'd attach the log file, but it is huge since I've got hibernate
> logging set very verbose.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan Nathanson

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com