[rules-users] Rule does not fire after 'Modify/Update' of a fact - Drools 5.1.1 !

groovenarula gnarula1 at la-z-boy.com
Tue Apr 5 09:22:43 EDT 2011

Just ran another test, I removed the check for 'price == null' in the 'Set
Options Price' rule - so the rules now reads :

rule "Set Options price"
	salience 50
	when
		$prod : Product ( )
		$option : Option ( product == $prod )
	then

		System.out.println( "Getting Options " + $prod );

end

Yet, the rule does not fire. It's almost as if the 'Option ( product ==
$prod ) is not being honored. I'm going to change my implementation of
'equals' on the product fact and see what happens next.

Just wanted to provide you'll with an update.