[rules-users] Resolution to JBRULES-2837 possible?

davesomebody david.a.cameron at lmco.com
Mon Apr 11 20:57:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am hesitating on making a recommendation to use the jBPM 5.0 based on
Drools due to the bug  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2837
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2837  JBRULES-2837 not being
resolved since November.

I have seen one workaround posted to the forums regarding creating a
stateful session per process invocation.  I have a concern that this would
wreak havoc with persistence.

The other solution I have seen is to use a stateful session per thread.  I
know that is not viable due to the fact that a thread may exit the session
due to use of an asynchronous domain specific language work item.

I see progress has been made on JBRULES-2837 though it has not been closed.

I have considered using a pool of stateful sessions as a stop-gap.  Could be
viable?  Would still be a pain persistence wise, but maybe doable?

Is there at least a plan in place for resolution?  I want this to work.

Thanks!