[rules-users] Getting a Drools Fusion - CEP Example to work

sDaniel sdaniel at wobster.de
Tue Apr 12 01:31:25 EDT 2011

Thank you for your reply.

Yes sure I have that. I took the rules directly from
http://javabeans.asia/articles/drools_5_case_study_2_complex_event_processing.html
and they include this setting.

As posted in my fist mail I needed to change 90d in following code to
90m to get the tutorial to work.
    from accumulate(
        ClaimApprovedEvent(
            accountNumber == $account.number,
            $amount : amount
        )
        over window:time( 90d ) from
        entry-point ClaimStream,
        average($amount)
    )

I can use 's', 'm' or 'h' only with 'd' I get an error marker in eclipse:
Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException    account.drl
/SlidingWindowCEP/etc    Unknown    Drools Error

btw.: The tutorial seems to use some discouraged Classes so I have quite
a few warnings
about PackageBuilderConfiguration, MVELDialectConfiguration and
SessionPseudoClock
however I have the same issues with this as written here:
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/Fixing-the-quot-Discouraged-access-quot-Eclipse-warnings-makes-all-org-drools-import-unresolved-td1515491.html
("Accessible" setting in eclipse makes all org.drools imports unresolved)

References for ppl interested in the discouraged warning:
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/quot-Discouraged-access-quot-warnings-when-using-Drools-Eclipse-Workbench-td60302.html
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/Problem-with-CommandFactory-newStartProcess-in-5-2-M1-td2691171.html

It seems to me I must have some basic setting wrong but I have yet to
figure out what it is,
so hints are still very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Sebastian