[rules-users] help! the field *** is not visible

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 04:25:20 EDT 2011

A better approach would be to use:-

rule "system will execute 'tc' command"
 when
    Server(message>8388608)
 then
     System.out.println("The network is so crowd that it needs repairing.");
  Runtime.getRuntime().exec("tc");#execute the "tc" command
end

This assumes you insert Server facts into working memory and they have a
"getMessage" property.

Normally you'd use eval when you are unable to leverage DRL. Their use is
normally discouraged. Also, your usage is incorrect; please read the
documentation.

With kind regards,

Mike