[rules-users] Problem using Guvnor rules in eclipse

Sumeet Karawal sumeet.karawal at tcs.com
Wed Apr 13 05:49:36 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Could you please help me on this. I am trying to create rules in Guvnor and
then using those in eclipse.

These are the steps that I am doing

1) I have created a POJO in eclipse

2) Exported as .jar and uploading it in Guvnor under a package.

3) I have created rules also in Guvnor and the test scenario there is also
working fine.

4) I build the package and the binaries get generated.

But I am not getting how to use those rule in my Java Application running
on Eclipse. I have gone through the user guide and forums also but not
getting the concrete solution for this.

>From somewhere I got the following code :

KnowledgeAgent kagent = KnowledgeAgentFactory.newKnowledgeAgent
( "MyAgent" );

kagent.applyChangeSet( ResourceFactory.newUrlResource( url ) );

KnowledgeBase kbase = kagent.getKnowledgeBase();

But how to work according to it. Which url I have to give here, also I am
not able to locate the changeset.xml.

Also what should I write in the .properties file and how to refer to that.

Please it would be very helpful if anyone could provide help to me on this
as I am stuck from last 4 days on this. Is there any example that I can
refer to?

Thanks and Regards,
Sumeet

Mailto: sumeet.karawal at tcs.com