[rules-users] Drools Decision Table

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 05:58:23 EDT 2011

OK, you could add the "Date Range" columns to the spreadsheet, but I see
your point.

Your problem still seems more like a version control problem than rules: If
your rule author has made 5 versions of the decision table how are you
proposing to identify which version needs to be applied to a given Product?
Products will still need to have an "effective date" and you are still going
to need a mechanism to associate a given Product with a given version of the
rules. How are you going to achieve this?

If you are to lookup the appropriate version of the DRL why not lookup the
appropriate dtable instead? If you're saying your rule authors want to
simply change a single "live" version of a single spreadsheet (ha, sounds
like a training issue to me) then when were you going to extract and save
the DRL you first asked about?

With kind regards,

Mike