[rules-users] Can't Get Rules To Modify Object State in Mortgage Example of Drools-5.1.1 + Guvnor

halpi3mn00b jdrost at riis.com
Mon Apr 18 14:56:34 EDT 2011

Well, I got the mortgage-example from drools-examples 5.1.1 distro download
working, and solved my own problem. Rewrote a lot of it.

I had to:
1) Use a drools XML configuration file for the KnowledgeAgent, using the
change-set element & drools schema instead of using the
"mortgageapproval.properties"
2) Enable basic auth in the resource element of the drools XML
KnowledgeAgent configuration file
3) Not use RuleAgent & RuleBase in the example, but rather use
KnowledgeAgentConfiguration, KnowledgeAgent, KnowledgeBase, &
StatefulKnowledgeSession
4) Not use FactType class, but rather use POJOs I created
5) Create my own POJOs / domain mirroring the model of the package
"mortgages" in guvnor
6) Upload the POJO classes to guvnor in a JAR
7) Use the most recent version of the Drools JAR files, instead of the 5.0.1
JAR files that come with the 5.1.1 distro...README said to do that anyways
tho based on the guvnor WAR version.

So now, my underage mortgage rule runs, and my mortgage is rejected. Ahhhh.