[rules-users] calling static error function....thread safe?

marunam sutavis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 22:20:01 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am calling static "error" function in ValidationHelper class from drool
rules. My rules are going to be executed in spring based web application. Is
this call to an "error" function thread safe?

public class ValidationHelper {
    public static void error (RuleContext kcontext, Object... context) {
    KnowledgeRuntime knowledgeRuntime = drools.getKnowledgeRuntime();
                ValidationReport validationReport = (ValidationReport)
knowledgeRuntime

.getGlobal(ValidationConstants.VALIDATION_REPORT_GLOBAL);
                ReportFactory reportFactory = (ReportFactory)
knowledgeRuntime

.getGlobal(ValidationConstants.REPORT_FACTORY_GLOBAL);

                validationReport.addMessage(reportFactory.createMessage(
                                Message.Type.ERROR, messageKey, context));
    }
}

import org.drools.runtime.rule.RuleContext;
import function ValidationHelper.error;
rule test
when
   #condition