[rules-users] First Order Logic - METHODS in Drools

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 04:58:01 EDT 2011

It would help if you read the documentation which explains that eval() must
return a boolean.

"Predicate" is a mathematical concept; how it is implemented in some system
is a technical issue. That said, "predicates" can be expressed in Drools one
way or other, and some predicates may be more efficient than other,
depending
on the computational details.

Again, the documentation contains many examples showing "predicate"
implementations, and usage of "from" is documented as well.

-W