[rules-users] How does SpreadSheetCompiler work?

Jay mzliang723 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 07:39:49 EDT 2011

Hi, All!

I got a question with SpreadSheetCompiler now.

The story is:
I have two Decision Tables,which are SOP.xls and quotation.xls. When I try
to write a class,named as XLSConverter.java to compile them to drl rule
files,

I found a strange thing--

1.The RuleSet of SOP.xls is 'com.my.booking.as.drools', after compiling
SOP.xls, the 'package' value of compiled drl file from SOP.xls is
'com.my.booking.as.drools';
And if I change RuleSet of it to 'com.sample', after compiling, package
value is also 'com.sample', which is normal;

2.But while RuleSet of quotation.xls is 'com.sample', after compiling
quotation.xls, the package value of compiled drl file from quotation.xls is
'rule_table';
And no matter what I change RuleSet of it to, after compiling it, its
package value is still 'rule_table'.

Could anybody please help me to explain why is that?

Any help is appreciated!

Yours sincerely,
Jay