[rules-users] Drools Decision Table

Riyaz Saiyed Riyaz.saiyed at emirates.com
Sun Apr 24 09:16:46 EDT 2011

Few more points to clarify.

We have approx 500 products in 10 different categories (and at-least 5
subcategories for each category) with at least 10-15 different prices (adult
+ child) for each product based on various parameters.

Category [8 to 10]
   Sub-Category [5 to 10]
      Product [5 to 10]
         Price [10 to 15]

These parameters are booking date rate, service date rate, annual rate,
special offer rate, last minute request rate, rate for specific sales
channel, rate based on booking location and rate for special customer
(identified with code).

Considering these, total price rules will be approx 500 * 15 = 7500.

Now, I need to load multiple xls files (base on categories) with multiple
work-sheets (based on sub-categories).

    1. How do I load multiple XLS file in one go (comma separated names)?
    2. How do I load multiple work-sheets from single XLS file?
    3. This huge rule base has to be loaded at start-up. What is the
probability of getting into performance related issues due to big knowledge
base (Performance test matrix)?

Thanks,
Riyaz